Increasing the vocational training that will enable the participation of different parties involved in the management of juvenile delinquency, for a better response to the needs for social inclusion of young offenders.
Lifelong Learning Programme, Leonardo da Vinci Multilateral Projects. Innovation Development.
Area : juvenile, juvenile crime
Concerned territory : Pitesti (RO), Sofia (BG), Nicosia (CY), Odense C. (DK), Lille (FR), Ancona (Italy), Stuttgart (DE), Rome (IT), San Done di Piave (IT), Monterotondo (TI), Lisbon (PT).
Duration : 01/01/2012 – 31/12/2013 (24 months)
University of Pitesti (Romania)
The general objectives are :
- to increase the professional competences of different categories that are directly or indirectly involved in the management of juvenile criminality and in the assistance of minor offenders;
- to endow family members with specific competences;
- to improve the competences of the structures which manage juvenile crime.
The proposed methodology consists of :
- a desk and field research to identify minor offenders categories in the EU, institutions and organizations involved, specific categories of professionals, mechanisms, criteria and good practice examples of dealing with minor offenders);
- a designing phase for creating an EQF (European Qualifications Framework) based curriculum for developing inter-professional transversal competencies for better dealing with minor offenders. This curriculum will build on the achievements of the Research Report and on both the needs of minor offenders and of the professionals managing the juvenile criminality;
- a designing phase for elaborating the training materials (methodological guide, handbook, eLearning facility – as web-based platform, ECVET based evaluation/certification methodology). These VET provisions will be strongly correlated with the EQF based curriculum (designed under the previous phase);
- piloting the curriculum and VET provisions through an intensive training meant for the target groups (professionals interacting with juvenile offenders). The course will be held in each partner country and will be finalized by training certificate. Both the curriculum and VET provisions will be refined, adjusted based on the training phase;
- increasing awareness upon the issue of efficiently dealing with minor offenders and disseminating the project’s outcomes through an international symposium organized under EfVET. The symposium will be held in Denmark.
Tandem Plus Tasks
- Participating in project activities;
- Work package 4 (experimentation) leader;
- Taking part in transnational seminaries and organizing a transnational seminary;
- Diffusing project results.
- February 2nd – 3rd 2012: Kickoff meeting - Pitesti (Romania)
- May, 31st – June, 1st , 2012: Transnational seminary, Lille (France)
- September, 20th – 21st, 2012: Transnational seminary, Nicosia (Cyprus)
- April, 2013: Transnational seminary, Sofia (Bulgaria)
- October, 2013: Final conference, Odense C. (Denmark)